Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Mom's Birthday Meal

For my mom's birthday, my mom and I planned the menu together.  We decided to cook from the region Trentino-Alto Adige, with the exception of one dish.  We had some stale bread and decided to make Condiggion (bread salad.)  The recipe I used for this is actually from Liguria (the region I worked on last week) but it is made all over Italy with the purpose of using up stale bread.  From Trentino-Alto Adige we chose Isalata Paesana (country salad) which is a German inspired potato and veggie salad and Canederli di Ricotta (sweet ricotta dumplings with strawberry sauce.)  My mom loves fish, and because it is was her birthday I said I would make fish.  We chose a recipe from my grandma's cookbook, and I bought Pacific Cod, because it has the least environmental impact of all the mild fish wegmans had at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment