Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Liguria menu

When Lidia (the author of my new cookbook) traveled to Liguria for the first time she was a child, but she still remembers the first meal she had there very clearly. It wasn't a meal with all 5 courses like the meals I have been making so far, there were only two courses. My plan for Liguria is to re-create this meal. The first thing her cousin made was Torta di Riso e Zucchine (Rice & Zucchini Crostata) and she then made Zupa di Verdure all'Agliata (vegetable soup). The soup recipe creates a huge quantity, this is because Lidia believes you go through each day feeling better if there is soup stored at home ready to be enjoyed and sustain you. She says that the most important part of this meal is the garlic. Liguria has extremely aromatic garlic, and there is a lot used in the soup.

1 comment:

  1. Chesna,

    I am absolutely amazed at ALL that you have done!! I want to be a taster in your kitchen! Maybe someday you bring me a sample. Your pictures are beautiful, your time commitment is remarkable. Keep on keeping on! (Oh, and remember to include your in-class entries!) Ms. Lord

    ReplyDelete