Friday, May 20, 2011

Tuscany With My Sister

Instead of making the menu that I found in Cooking With Italian Grandmothers, my sister Sarah (who spent time in Tuscany 2 years ago) and I made a meal together that she planned out. We made stuffed artichokes, polenta with rosemary and bay leaves, and a simple salad.  Instead of baking the artichokes after stuffing them, we steamed them in a big pot. It was a very long process but they tasted delicious! Sarah has always been much better at cooking than me and I call her all the time for advice, but I actually got to help her out thanks to this project. She didn't know how to make polenta, and I learned how while making my meal from Valle d'Aosta, so for the first time ever I got to teach my sister something about cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment