Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dear Reader

My entire extended Italian family are amazing cooks, but somehow I didn't get the gene.  My family, especially my sister, always makes fun of me for not knowing how to cook, so for my WISE project I plan on learning. 

There are 20 regions in Italy, and my plan is to learn the different styles of cooking for each region and prepare a meal that is classic to that region.  I intend to use as much local ingredients as possible, as it is better for the environment and is something my family and I are committed to.  I also plan to cook all vegetarian food, as I do not eat meat.  At the end of my project I hope to have a big dinner with friends and family.  I will serve some favorite dishes, some dishes that needed improvement from the first time I cooked them, and some dishes that I never got the chance to make but wanted to. 

While I am very excited about this project, I am a little worried about staying on task with the research aspect and I will need to push myself to write a few times a week.  I am also worried about finding the time to cook.  Some of the recipes require many hours of preparation, and it may be difficult to finish them in a timely fashion if I start after school or work.

My hope is that by the end of this project I will not only know more about the country where my family is from, but I will be added to the list of great cooks in my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment