Friday, February 11, 2011

First Mentor Meeting 2/10/11

I had my first meeting with Ms. Scholl yesterday and I am very excited to be starting this project! We went over my project proposal and talked about if I can realistically cook from all 20 regions in the next 16 weeks. I will need time at the end to cook my final big dinner and to get my presentation all set, and I will be out of town for a week in April. This leaves about 13 weeks to do all my cooking in, which means I would need to research 2 regions and cook 2 meals almost every week. We talked about doing sections of Italy rather than every single region. I will have to look into this more, but there is a good chance some of the smaller regions that are close together have similar styles of cooking.

We talked about what I want/hope from my mentor, I shared the research I had done on Sicily with her, we went over my two week plan, and I told her about the cookbook (La Cucina) that I am using.

The goals we outlined for the next two weeks are as follows:
  • Plan, shop for, and cook 3 full meals. (During February break I will be able to cook 2 meals)
  • Write at least 6 blog entries.
  • Write at least 6 entries about the research I am doing.
  • Take the cooking class at Simply Red Bistro! This will add a full meal, making my goal for the next 2 weeks actually 4 meals.
Before my next mentor meeting my goal is to have one of the meals finished, have at least 3 of the blog entries written, and have at least 3 research entries done.

It was a great first meeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment